- Sketching is for everyone.
If you have ideas? Then sketching is for you.
- Anyone can sketch.
Yes, that includes you too.
- Sketch every single day.
Consistency is the key to improvement.
- Sketching is a personal and a group activity.
Know when you need to go alone and when to sketch with others.
- All you need is a pen and paper to sketch.
It’s not about the tools.
- Carry a sketchbook wherever you go.
You never know when an idea will come to you.
- Experiment with your sketches.
Try using colors, highlighters, sharpies, brush pens, graphic tablets. Find what works for you.(See # 16)
- Embrace the roughness of sketching.
The imperfections are what make sketching special.
- Sketchy is not the same as sketching.
Don’t use digital tools to mimic sketches. Stop it!
- Never underestimate the power of a sketch.
Never. ever, ever, ever, ever underestimate It. Got it?
- Skip sketching at your own peril.
You may feel good about saving a few hours but I’m telling you, your ideas will suffer.
- It’s not about the sketch.
You won’t get awards for a beautiful sketch. (See #8)
- Harness the power of sketching.
Use sketching to ideate, iterate, and communicate.
- Never compromise on sketching.
Stand your ground. The sketching gods will thank you for it.
- Sketching is understanding.
If you can sketch your idea, you understand your idea.
- Have fun sketching.
You get to draw. How cool is that?
This sketching manifesto is a reminder for all of us to keep in mind as we get busy working on our amazing ideas. It is a starting point and will grow as learn about the importance of sketching.
Till next time. Keep on sketching! 🤘
Liked this article? Sign up for my weekly newsletter where I share my latest article and curated links to help you learn, grow, and become awesome.