Anyone can sketch.
Practice sketching on a daily basis to gain the confidence you need to sketch on the spot without any hesitation. By learning and understanding the importance of sketching in the design process you will be able to develop a sketching mindset.
Some characteristics of a sketching mindset are:
- Sketching consistently
- Embracing the imperfections in your sketches
- Valuing the sketch, instead of the tools used
- Valuing the idea, instead of the sketch
- Experimenting with your tools and sketches
- Seeking feedback on your sketches
- Encouraging others to share their ideas by sketching
- Understanding the iterative process of sketching
- Sketching with the audience in mind
- Making sketching an inclusive activity
With a sketching mindset, you will have a powerful tool at your disposal and use to ideate, explore, and share your ideas.